I am loving these short weeks and getting a little too used to them. It was a mere 3 degrees this morning so I hit the treadmill for 2 miles. It was all I had time for but it was a good start to the day.
I just picked up this book from the library. This is the second time I’ve put a loan on it because it is so long. Before I had to return it last time I was just starting to get into it. There are like 1000 characters so it is hard to follow but I promise its worth it.
When shopping for my nephew on his first Christmas I thought it would be a breeze. I found out pretty quickly how wrong I was. I wanted to buy my sister gifts that would be useful and not just clutter up the nursery. I was dumbfounded anytime I attempted to purchase clothing because it is hard to say what size he would be and when.
I asked my sister to compile a list for anyone shopping for a baby shower or newborn.
- Sleep sack with swaddle for night time, it’s easier than wrapping a blanket around him and keeps him warm and feeling secure
- Pampers diapers with the wetness indicator, the yellow line turns blue when the diaper is wet so no need to completely remove it to check http://www.huggies.com/
- Noise machine, I turn it on when I’m giving him a bath (with a warm wash cloth on the bed) to help calm him down
- Wipe warmer, Emmett getss cold and cranky when we change his diaper so the warmer helps, the only down side is that the top wipes get dried out so I end up using two wipes when I’d usually only need one
- Footie pjs, they zip up from neck to toe, although the cute onesies with pants are adorable, they are a pain to take multiple things off for diaper changes so one-zip is much more convenient
- Also- I don’t have one but I think I’m going to get a bottle warmer to quickly bring it to temp compared to microwaving a mug of water
I couldn’t end the post without a picture of reason for all these gifts 🙂 A gift to probably leave on the shelf is this mechanics denim outfit that Emmett is sporting.