With the warm weather HERE and hopefully for keeps, I wanted to share a recipe that will surely brighten up your summer picnic. One thing to keep in mind is that you may want to double this recipe. It goes FAST! My husband even likes it which says a lot 😉 I based the recipe off of The Rigneys awesome recipe. What I love about this is how you can substitute so many of the ingredients and still get a great appetizer.
- 15 oz. can black eyed peas
- 15 oz. can shoepeg corn
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 1 red pepper finely diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 t. cumin powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 t. EVOO
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Let cool completely.
- Serve with tortilla chips, inside of peppers, on top of a baked potato or whatever floats your boat
Side note – Ryan gifted me this Williams Sonoma multi-chopper and I love it. It makes recipes like this less time consuming for sure
Hope you are having a great week!