I’m Kristen’s sister, Tricia, stopping by to say hi. Although I’m not vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination, I thought I could give a different perspective and many of the recipes I try out can easily be adjusted by omitting the meat relatively easily.
I’ve been on a kick of meal prepping on Sundays as I get closer to my due date. I’m 30 weeks pregnant and I think I’m hitting that major “nesting” stage. I want to prepare for the baby little by little, I’m never one to procrastinate…too badly at least. So the past couple of weekends I’ve knocked out a slew of freezer meals to start stocking up. I can only assume that despite the fact that I enjoy cooking, I might lose some of the fire when I’m waking up every couple hours with a little peanut this winter.
So far I have tackled:
- Beef taco meat from Once a Month Meals Once a Month Meals
- Meatloaf from Simply Paleo Simply Paleo
- Zucchini lasagna from Primal Palette Primal Palatte
- Mexican pork and sweet potato stew from Once a Month Meals- I made it with chicken because I had just stocked up at Costco. Once a Month Meals
- Almost 5-ingredient Spaghetti Pie from PaleOMG Paleo Omg
- I love this recipe! I’ve made it twice now and my anti-veggie husband actually likes it too. You can easily make it without the beef and add more veggies.
- Baked Ziti from Pioneer Woman Pioneer Woman
- I made this to take to my friend Katie’s this week. She just had baby James early in September so it’s about time I get my visit in to see the little fella and feed mama.
- Roast Beef recipe from my coach at Dog House Crossfit Dog House Cross Fit
The BEST roast beef ever:
Buy an eye of round beef roast
-Pre-heat oven to 500
-Slather that baby in lots of salt, pepper (blends are great too- Cajun, spicy stuff etc. Just make sure you check contents for sugar)
-Turn temp down to 475
-Put in pan (any kind that has sides) and leave in oven 7 minutes per POUND (for example: 3 pound roast cooks for 21 minutes.)
*The SECOND the time is up, turn the oven OFF and leave the roast inside for 2 hours. Don’t open the door!
You may have noticed a theme. First, is that I used a lot of ground beef and that’s not on accident. Our parents bought a half a cow recently and shared 10 lbs with me. I’ve already cooked it all up since it makes it so much easier to stick with few ingredients when cooking in bulk. Secondly, I’m a fan of Paleo eating so I love trying new gluten-free recipes when I can. Even though I don’t follow a Paleo diet 100% of the time, I figure I will be looking for clean options especially post-baby.
Thanks for the chance to drop in! I’d love to connect on Instagram at @triciarhiggins or Twitter @tricia15.